You see, December 31st is Sean's birthday. I called him to wish him a happy birthday, and it turned out that he was coming down to his parent's house for the night and having a bunch of friends over. That was a lot of fun. Sean, Ian (both ex-boyfriends, for those not keeping up with my life in great detail), Jamie, Chuck, Misty and assorted other people were there. I also got to meet Sean's girlfriend, whose name I cannot spell in the slightest.
We had a lot of fun. We all got in the hot tub (I finally had a reason to wear the new swimsuit I bought last summer! Yay!) and Kim set off fireworks at midnight. Then I called my sweetie clipdude and talked to him. He seemed to be just a bit drunk. I hope he doesn't have a headache tomorrow. Then we all played video games. I didn't play, because they were all fighting games, which I royally suck at, but I watched and it was somewhat entertaining. The second one had really nifty costumes, and I started to talk with Sean about sewing some of them. People slowly went to bed, until finally it was just me, Ian, Chuck and Kim, who Really Should Have Been Asleep By Then (she's Sean's younger sister, I think she's 12). I finally left when the last few decided to go to bed, a bit after 5 in the morning.
- Jamie and I actually got along. I am amazed.
- There was this really random moment when I realized "hey, I've slept with half of the guys in this room at some point. How is this my life?"
- I got along with Ian better than I had expected to. I am going to mail him the B5 tapes before I go back to school, dammit. I've been meaning to do that for quite a while. I should probably also include an additional present of some kind.
- Speaking of presents, I got Sean a Dana Lyons "WTO Disco" poster that I'd gotten autographed for him at a concert back in November. He seemed to really like it, which makes me happy.
- I finally met Sean's girlfriend, who he's been dating since approximately one week since we broke up over a year and a half ago. She seems nice. She fell asleep pretty early, so I didn't really interact with her much.
- Damn it all, I still find Sean attractive. >.<
- It's really eerie to think that Misty is a therapist dealing with kids. I bounced in and out of therapy so much as a kid, it's just odd to think of someone I know doing that for a living. She seems so different from the stuffy men that I typically saw. I have no idea if this is a good thing or not. I didn't like most of my therapists.
- Jupiter (one of their dogs) has calmed down a lot since last year. This is a very good thing.
- I miss my sweetie.
- Ian grew his hair out. It kind of suits him, although it also reminds me of a lot of gamers I know.
- Sean made some comments/very mild behaviors that could be read as him still having some sort of feelings for me. Granted, I could quite possibly read that into pretty much anything. Mostly, a response to a comment I made about facial hair (I'm in favor of it, he doesn't have any, we weren't talking about him) and the fact that in his 3/4 asleep state as I was putting on my shoes he sort of absently grabbed my calf and then blew me a half-hearted kiss as I left. Nothing major.
- It's amazing how many people can fit in a hot tub without it feeling crowded.
- It was also nice to get to see Sean's parents again, although I didn't get to talk to them at too much length. Told them about the whole double major thing and the trying to pick a grad school thing.
- Ian and I both dressed in all black. That just amuses me for some reason. I think Sean may have been all in black as well. I wore my black slippery knit pants and my "evil" studded shirt. I originally had a grey sweater over it, but after hot tubbing I was hot enough that I didn't feel like wearing it anymore. It always amuses me to wear that shirt with a perfectly respectable sweater. I did so for the family Christmas dinner this year. Anyway.
I should sleep now. I may write another entry after I get some sleep, but knowing me I'll not write in this thing again until March or something.